What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is a situation that requires prompt attention from a dental professional. At Dr. Alberto A. Herrero’s office, we understand that you cannot always plan when you will need our care. If you experience a dental emergency, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible. Our team will schedule you to meet with our dentist as soon as we are able so you can receive the care you need. We are happy to care for several types of dental emergencies, including:
- Severe or lasting toothaches or other tooth pain
- A knocked-out tooth
- A chipped or broken tooth
- Damage to the soft tissues of the mouth, including the tongue, cheeks, lips, and gums
- A cracked or fractured tooth
- A partially knocked-out (extruded) tooth
- A lost dental restoration, such as a lost filling or crown
If you suffer from one of these, or another type of dental emergency, please contact our office. Our team will also be able to provide you with instructions on how to take care of your smile until you are able to come to our office to meet with Dr. Alberto A. Herrero. If you have experienced trauma to the head or neck, we recommend that you visit the emergency room or your general physician before coming to the dentist, even if your smile is also damaged. To learn more about dental emergency care in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we invite you to call or visit us today.